Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tomato Chutney

This is the first time I'm entering the JFI event. After seeing my senior bloggers hosting and participating in these events, I too got excited to do something this time. So, here is my entry: Tomato chutney, Tomato Pulav and Tomato Thokku. I know, these are not the fancy items. Still, just wanted to participate in the event and get to know new friends. Hi All and Welcome to my blog.

Tomato Chutney:

Ingredients:

Onion- 1 (medium, rough chop)
Tomatoes- 2 (big, rough chop)
red chillies- 2 1/2
salt- as required

Procedure:
Saute onion in oil until transparent and soft. Then add red chillies and fry for 2 mins. Then add tomatoes and some salt. Cook till the tomato turns soft. cool and grind into a smooth paste.
Again heat 3 tsp oil in kadai and fry mustard seeds, split urad dal , red chilli and curry leaves. Now add the onion-tomato paste and fry until the color changes to a nice orange color.
Note:If you add more oil and fry for more time you can get a deeper color.

Variation:Here I did not add anything else because I wanted tomato to be the main ingredient. But the possibilities are endless. You can add mint, curry leaves, corriander or coconut.

2 comments:

FH said...

Looks so yummy Kribha.Great recipe,thanks girl:))

Kribha said...

Thanks Asha. I know that this is something everybody does. Still , just wanted to participate in the event. You are always there to cheer me.Thanks again.