Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Paneer Mattar Masala & more Awards

If you would have seen my comments in other blogs you will surely know that I'm a paneer lover. I love it fresh, deep-fried or incorporated in any dish. I'm always in search for the ideal paneer recipes that have that special restaurant taste. My favorite is paneer butter masala and my hubby's favorite is paneer matar masala. So here is the recipe for his favorite dish.

Ingredients:
Paneer- 300 gms
Green peas- 3/4 th cup (dried ones)
Onion- 2 1/2
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
tomatoes- 4 or 5
green chilli- 5
garam masala- 1 tsp
yogurt- 1 cup
red chilli powder- 1 tsp
corriander powder- 1 tbsp
heavy cream- 50 ml
saffron- a pinch
cashew paste- 1 tbsp
corriander leaves- handful
oil- 3 tbsp
salt- as required
sugar- a pinch
kassori methi - 1 tsp

Procedure:
Soak dried peas in water overnight. Next day boil it with some salt until almost cooked. You can skip this step if you use frozen peas. Next bring water to a boil and put the tomatoes in it. Boil for 5 mins . Take out the tomatoes and wash it in cold water. Peel off the skin and make a puree. You can skip this step also if you have use readymade tomato puree, but I'm sorry I do not have the measure for that. Boil onions in water for 8 mins. Strain and puree.

Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion paste for 5 mins. Then add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 5 more mins. Next add chilli powder, garam masala and corriander powder. Stir well. Now add tomato puree, cashew paste ,salt and sugar. Cook till the oil seperates. Next add yogurt (beaten smooth). cook for 10 -12 mins till oil floats on top. Add little water, boiled peas and saffron.

Cut paneer into cubes and shallow fry in a non-stick pan with a spoon of oil. Put the fried paneer in hot salted water for sometime. When it's time to add it to the gravy just strain the water and use it in the curry.

Add paneer and boil for another 3 mins. Finally add cream, crushed kassori methi (soak in water for sometime to make it soft), corriander leaves and fried green chilli. Cook till you get the desired consistency. Increase the water level according to the your preference of texture.
Enjoy it with hot buttered naan or fried rice. It tastes just awesome.

Now to the awards.... As you all know that it's raining awards in the blogsphere. I have been one of the fortunate ones to get those great awards.

I've been presented the "Nice Matters" award again. This time it's by Sagari of Indian cooking and Pragyan of cooking at Pragyan's have been so sweet and gracious to pass it on to me . Thankyou so much Sagari and Pragyan. You both made me feel so special and happy.


Then, Pravs of Simply Spicy and Shanti Banu of My kitchen hobbies have been so kind enough to pass me on the "E" for Excellent Blog award. Thankyou so much girls. Your awards have inspired me so much and I'm very proud to wear it on my blog.



Last time itself I should have passed on the "Nice matters" award but I somehow forgot to include it. So , I'm passing it now to some of my friends. For some of you it might be a repetition still I hope you would enjoy it.

So the Nice matter's award is being passed to:

Asha
Richa
Bharathi
Shella,
Jeena
and SuperChef

And the "E" for excellent blog award is being passed to
Indo Sun God
Vcuisine
Bee
Cynthia
Happy Cook
and
Mansi
I hope you girls enjoy the award too as much as I did.

One more thing before I end the post. My hubby's workplace has changed. I mean he is working from home now. It's not a temporay thing as it's a permanant job. The bad thing about this is he always keep a watch on me on how much time I spend on blogging. That's why I'm unable to be in your blogs recently and also unable to update mine either. Bear with me gals. I'll organize myself soon and come back to routine.

32 comments:

Kalai said...

Congratulations on the awards, Kribha! You certainly deserve them! The paneer mattar masala looks mouth wateringly good!! :))

indosungod said...

Kribha, Paneer Mattar Masala looks heavenly with some hot Naan WOW.

Congratulations on the awards and thanks for awarding one to me. Having recently watched the Oscar Awards, getting ready for the acceptance speech :)

FH said...

Panner and peas looks delicious, you know my daughter loves Paneer or Indian cheese as she says!:D
Enjoy the awards and thank you for thinking of me. I have a collection of awards enough for a museum now!;D
It's a permanent job? Working from home? Lucky for him but very bad for you girl.
Well..make a deal with him that you will have to go on Laptop for an hour or so per day to say hello to us, not more than that and rest of the day you can do your own stuff.Don't let him bully you girl!:P
(Tell him you have to go to my blog or else I will be upset. He was there at Aroma and left a comment once, so he knows me right? HeHe! Emotional blackmail!!)

Seema said...

Paneer Matar Masala looks yum...We love this with hot rotis! A perfect meal. Congrats on award again & ThE E Award. YYou are doing a great job blogging!! Your better half will get used to your being on comp & blogging soon :-)

bee said...

congrats on the awards, dear kribha, and thanks for thinking of me. hope to see you blogging more often.

Manju said...

congratulations girls!! well deserved!! :):)

Manju said...

oohhh...n i also meant to say ...thank you for passing on the award to me!!

Richa said...

hey kribha, me too love paneer a lot, masala looks extremely good, slurrrrp!
i've not had too good results with onion boiling, so this time will follow ur exact timing for that :)
i normally just saute & grind.
Congrats on the awards & am very happy to rcv it from you sweetie :)

Dori said...

Congratulations! The food also looks so good!

Namratha said...

Congrats on the awards Kribha, the curry looks delicious!! :)

EC said...

congrats on the awards...gravy looks superb

Viji said...

Congrats on the award and the gravy looks great Kribha. All I need is a pulka. Very nice. Viji

Finla said...

Congrats with your award and thnkyou for giving to me also.
I love this curry, i've bookemarked this to make them.
Poor you having hubby dear for 24 hrs.
I love my hubby, but if i have hime for 24 hrs everyday i would go MAAADDDDD :-))))))

Lisa Turner said...

Mattar Paneer is my all time favorite dish. I could eat it everyday. There is nothing like paneer cheese. I love your version! Best recipe I have seen today.

Dhivya said...

congrats on ur award...mattar paneer looks tempting

Sagari said...

love the ingredients in masala kriba yummmmmmmm

Pravs said...

yummy looking matar paneer masala. I don't make with dried peas. Is there a difference in taste ? Congrats on the awards !

DEEPA said...

Congrats on the award lady ...You rock ...That paneer masala is just awesome ..I just had my dinner..dont mind to eat some more !!!

Sia said...

another delicious paneer recipe from u girl:)
and congrats on all the awards:) its pouring awards again.
so hubby is working form home? good for him. hope u do get to blog often:)

Unknown said...

Good looking paneer dish, i too love paneer but iam not an expert in making dishes out of it:( maybe i will try ur dish some day :) about hubby keeping a check on you , it happens with my hubby too, but I sneak on the net when he goes to the restroom or bath :) Sometime when he is busy with office work, he rarely even notices hehe:) Congrats on your awards Kribha!

Rama said...

Congrats on the award....Panner and peas looks delicious.

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award, girl!!! And the paneer matar masala looks yummy! Will surely try it out sometime...

Cynthia said...

Yes dear, I know how much you love your paneer :)

Thank you most kindly for your award and I humbly accept it.

Uma said...

The paneer masala looks terrific. congrats on the awards.

Laavanya said...

Congrats on your well deserved awards Kribha... I love both, paneer butter and paneer mutter masalas.. :) Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Love your site. In your list of ingredients you mention Green cups obviously you meant green peas. Just to set the record straight.

Regards and looking forward to your exciting recipes

Neville
Toronto

Suganya said...

Hi Kribha,
I love Paneer Mattar Masala ....looks YUM!...

Congratulations on the awards, You deserve them......

Enjoy!...

zlamushka said...

Kribha,

Congratulations on the awards. I love the paneer masala. So saucy, I am bookmarking it right now. THanks a lot for sharing.

Sia said...

kribha,
looks like ur hubby is not letting u uase his laptop;) hope u get time to blog soon... tc girl:)

Richa said...

hey Kribha,
long time hv not heard from you!
what's up?
c ya around!

Vetirmagal said...

The recipe came out well when I tried it. Thanks.

This is one recipe we get to eat in all the social dos in Hyderabad. The hotels esp. make it look very red and also the masala is kind of light and fluffy. Once I heard someone comment that the hotel guys add Poha for the fluffiness. I wonder?

By the way I can relate to your blogging time when husbnnd is at home!. I go through it most of the time. I stood my ground through many scenes of disapprovals, and hubby now calls it " my wife's first love". :-)

Divya Rao said...

Hey Kribha

I saw your blog a couple of days ago and I love it!

Since you mentioned you love paneer, here's a recipe for paneer paratha that you could try. I'm bad with proportions, but I can roughly tell you how I make it :)

I crumble the paneer first and then add all of the following to it - salt, finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped cilantro, jeera, jeera powder, dhania powder, chat masala powder and amchur powder.
Then I stuff this mixture into chapathi dough and roll it out, very similar to aloo paratha, just paneer stuffing instead. It turns out quite well, my hubby, a paneer lover too, enjoys it!

Keep blogging!

Cheers!
Divya
www.creadivya.blogspot.com